Ukraine flag

Homes for Ukraine

Get involved

Groups are required to fundraise at least £9,000 towards the costs of the first year of support. As the group provide integration support for the first 12 months following arrival the tariff connected to the government’s resettlement scheme is not paid to the LA. However, some funding is still available:

  • Clinical Commissioning Groups or health boards can claim £2600 per family member directly from the Home Office. This is a single payment that needs to be claimed within the first 12 months

  • Local Authorities can claim up to £4500 towards education of children aged 5-18 years and £2250 for children aged 3-4.

  • The group can claim Home Office funding of £850 per adult to contribute towards costs of ESOL, this is claimed by the Lead Sponsor.

  • A Local Authority can claim Exceptional Cost payments in order to cover social care provision for refugees. There is no minimum or maximum amount that can be claimed but Exceptional Costs cannot be claimed for support provided to a Refugee that would normally be funded through health or education funding or through welfare payments. It is essential that before incurring Exceptional Costs, a Local Authority should seek in principle agreement in writing from the Home Office or risk having the claim rejected. 

We also have a training page to explain this in further detail and how to access these funds and costs to prepare for.

More information on funding can be found in the Home Office’s funding instructions.