PATH Training Cohort 1, Session 1: Person-Centred Mindset & Active Listening
This training is suitable for people who are working with refugees and is recommended for team leaders, Lead Sponsors & other charities supporting Community Sponsorship Groups, SMPs, Local Authority leaders.
Empowering communities with hopeful paths
From September to December 2020, Citizens UK and Sponsor Refugees are running Planning Alternative Tomorrows with Hope (PATH) training in collaboration with Educational Psychologists, Tim Cox and Helen Owen-Hughes. PATH is designed to empower groups, institutions and citizens to plan for the future through active listening and a people-centred mindset. The training helps to:
- Envision a meaningful and positive future
- Set coherent, achievable, and incremental goals which help to orient your life and project over the course of a year
- Facilitate active listening and foster a sense of common purpose within your community
- Recruit allies and strengthen your collective efficacy
- Identify challenges which may inhibit your progress and think about how to stay resilient in the face of them
- PATH is a great way to increase participation, collective decision making and agency for individuals, groups and institutions.