How can my group get a charity number? Can we use another organisation's charity number?

In order for your application to be considered by the Home Office, the application must be made through a registered charity or community interest company (CIC). This ensures that the organisation that is taking on the responsibility for resettling a refugee family is well governed, clearly structured and has been subject to due diligence checks. 

There are two main ways that you can approach this:

  • You can set up your own charity or CIC 
  • You can partner with an existing charity

We have lots of information about how to set up a charity or CIC and how to partner with an existing charity on our Training Website.

We understand that getting a charity number can be a daunting part of the process of getting approval.  If you'd find it useful to talk this through with Reset in more detail, you can get in touch with our team. We're always happy to answer any questions.